Colour: Intense ruby red tending to garnet
Composition: Nebbiolo 70% - Vespolina 20% - Uva Rara 10%.
Category: Fara DOC
VINIFICATION AND REFINING
The alcoholic fermentation is traditional, in the red, using selected yeasts. The wine completes fermentation in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature and is then transferred to French oak barrels where it matures for a long time.
It is then bottled and transferred to the cellar at controlled temperature and humidity for the second ageing.
Production area: Novara hills
Soil type: alluvial plain
Training system: guyot
Planting density: 4,000 vines per hectare
Nose: enveloping bouquet with notes of liquorice, red fruit and hints of spices.
Taste: savoury, dry, with a pleasant sense of roundness thanks to the soft and aromatic tannins that make it overall pleasant, velvety and with great final persistence.
Foodpairing: Excellent with red meat, game and spicy cheeses.
An exceptionally long-lived wine that retains its characteristics when stored properly for more than 10 years after bottling. Serve at a temperature of 18°.
Alcohol content: 13,5/14 % VOL.
- 80th Los Angeles International Wine Competition 2019 - SOURCE
- Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition 2019 - SILVER
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2018 - SILVER
- 79th Los Angeles International Wine Competition - BRONZE 2018
- Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2017 - SILVER
- Autochtona Awards 2014 - Bolzano - BEST RED WINE
- 42nd "DOUJA D'OR 2014" Wine Competition for DOC and DOCG Wines - DOUJA D'OR
- 1st EnoLions Wine Competition - DIPLOMA OF MARK
- 3rd "CALICE D'ORO DELL'ALTO PIEMONTE" Wine Competition - DIPLOMA OF MERIT
- 52nd National Wine Competition Pramaggiore (Venice) - GOLDEN MEDAL 2013
- 4th China Wine Challenge - BRONZE MEDAL 2013
- 74th Los Angeles Award